Sunday, May 17, 2009

Water Play

I believed the drought was over in Durham because the city finally turned on the water at the park. I remembered that they didn't turn on the water last year. It was the same park that we normally went which was very close to our home. I took Mirin there on Saturday morning. She went straight to the swing of course. After spent a long time on the swing and my arm started to get tired, I finally convinced her to play at the water faucet. What she did was pretty much fill up the bucket with water and dumped it out. She repeated this process for many many many times. Not sure what so fun about that. But good for me cause I could sit down and relax a little bit. Then she gradually moved to the water fountain. She observed other kids play and finally walked slowly to it. She didn't like it at first but after a while she just started running back and forth not sure if she wanted to run away from the water or wanted to get wet. She screamed with excitement and then she said "wet". Sometimes it amazed me that kids loved the simple things. Not a fancy toy but may be a bucket full of water and a plastic cup. This park would see me and Mirin through out this summer for sure. It was free and it was fun.


I bought this outfit for her from Thailand. It was pretty much like an underwear and a tank top. Mirin wore this outfit when she was at home. I was trying to take her outside with this outfit but Michael didn't let me. He told me to change it to a short. This time I asked him again if I could take her to the park in this outfit and this time he said "OK and she would look like a trailer park white trash baby in the park". I thought it was funny.

No comments: