
It was such a super nice day today sunny, not so hot and less humid. I said before that I hardly ever did things in Durham mainly I didn't know what Durham had to offer. I really did my homework this time "out and about around Durham". I found Waller farm in Durham (http://wallerfamilyfarm.com/Site/Welcome.html)and it was super close to our house. Last year I found a farm where we could pick our own pumpkin and this year I found the farm where we could pick our own strawberry. It was my first time to do strawberry picking and same as Mirin. It was hard work. No joke! I could not imagine picking strawberry for living. It would kill my back unless it grew above ground like what they did in Japan. Mirin had so much fun running through the strawberry farm while eating fresh strawberries. She had about 5 strawberries and would have had more if Mr. strict Michael had not kept saying that we needed to pay for them first. She enjoyed picking them too but it had to be under supervised only. Because she liked to pick the white ones! We got the whole bucket full. I didn't know that fresh strawberries were this much sweet. Since it was so close to home, I probably could take Mirin there after work if they still had them next month. Loved it!!
Strawberry farm in Japan or we might have them in the US too but I just never knew it. They grew them above ground. Easy for the farmer to pick. Pretty neat ha?

1 comment:
Japaneses are really smart! I love the idea.
Post a Comment