Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fun filled Easter weekend


This was the first time that I worked for a company that closed on Easter Friday. I was so glad to finally have a 3-day weekend. I decided to take Mirin to see her grandparents in Fayetteville. Michael had to work on Friday so he had a little break from both of us this weekend(but he did text me that he missed us though).

We went to Fayetteville community church where grandma and grandpa were members. They had Easter eggs hunt and games for kids on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day to be outside. I loved spring time. The church also explained and had pop quiz the kids about the meaning of Easter. This refreshed my memory about Easter as well. I got the idea about the chick and the egg but not so sure about the bunny.

Then it was time for eggs hunt. Mannnn This Easter eggs hunt was no joke. It was not as leisure as the one at Durham farmers' market nor the one with Aksel. These kids were really in to finding some eggs and so was grandma! Mirin was not rushing. She had her one speed walking. But with grandma help, she finally got 15 eggs total.




Then there was a game for kids. The kids had to hold a wooden spoon with an egg in it and they had to give it to their team mate who was waiting at the other end. I enjoyed watching these kids. Some walked off the lanes, some walked back and forth and didn't want to give the egg to their team mate. Mirin also participated in the game with grandma. It was so funny to watch her. She hold the egg on one hand and the spoon on the other. She walked to the end and tried to give the egg to her team mate. The boy said no so she then walked back with the egg again. She didn't know much what was going on but enjoyed to be a part of it. It was a fun filled Easter weekend for both of us.

Mirin was playing bubbles with grandma.

1 comment:

Wall Family said...

What did you do with all the candies she got from these egg hunts?