Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great food and good times

One thing I enjoyed the most from this trip was THAI FOOD. My mouth and stomach worked at full speed while I was there. Mirin on the other hand didn't enjoy Thai food as much. She didn't eat well the first week but started to eat better afterwards. I also gave her food from street vendors (don't tell Michael that). I made sure that the food was clean and cooked. She had diarrhea for a day and besides that she was fine the whole time (whoooo lucky me). One of my co-workers here went to Thailand and she told me that she'd never seen anywhere in the world that had this much food. Food was just everywhere in Thailand. I absolutely agreed with her.

My cousin P'Goong own a seafood restaurant called Hua Hin restaurant. It located right by the lake. We went there a few times while we were in Thailand. Mirin liked fried rice and shrimp cake. She also took us to eat big prawn at the restaurant in Bangsai a small province a little bit north of Bangkok. They were known for their river prawns. 2.2 lbs (1kg) would cost about $30 and there were about 3-4 of them. Mirin enjoyed feeding the fish right from our table.


On the way to Farm Chokchai, my friends and I stooped at the local restaurant located by the river. Nan told me that they offered the best fried wanton in the world!! It was so true. The wrap was so thin that it could have melt in your mouth.


My cousin took us to Nakorn Chai Sri where was a small province outside of Bangkok. It was well known for super sweet pomelo (http://fruitspecies.blogspot.com/2008/01/pomelo-green-skinpink-flesh.html//) . Mirin tried duck over rice for the first time. She really enjoyed it and asked for more. She might be very hungry.


One of my cousins also own a small desert shop in Hua Hin called Ka Nom Pa Prang. Her desert recipes were at least 3 generations old. It was very well known in Hua Hin. I also enjoyed mango with sticky rice. They opened at 9am and I stopped by around 10ish and the sticky rice was gone. I had to wait for the next batch at 11:30am. It was so good that when the princess of Thailand visited Hua Hin, she sent some people to buy the sticky rice from this shop. I really enjoyed the food in Hua Hin. It reminded me of the good old times when I was a little girl. As for Mirin, she was too buys playing with the mango rolled up at the shop. She didn't enjoy the food as much as I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy yummy :P

Anonymous said...

My mom just regonize that we didn't take alot of photos with you and Mirin.
55 We just forgot, but some how Mirin was cute in her photos.

Wall Family said...

I wish I found the shop last visit....:(