Sunday, January 11, 2009

All about amimals

I really had to thank all my friends that they really did take time from their busy lives to take Mirin places. Mirin really enjoyed seeing animals and fish. We visited Safari world (http://www.safariworld.com/)which was an open zoo where you could drive through and be up close and personal with the animals. I had to admit that I'd never seen that many giraffes in my life. Then we visited Dusit Zoo (http://www.zoothailand.org/en/main.php/)which was a government zoo and the oldest zoo in Bangkok I believed. The last time I went there was probably about 20 some years ago. Mirin learned a few new animals like monkey and bird. I thought the condition at the zoo was pretty bad because the animals had to stay in a very tight space unlike the zoo here in the US or at the Safari world where the space was much bigger. The last visit, we went to an aquarium Siam Ocean World (http://www.siamoceanworld.co.th//). It was an aquarium inside the mall. That's right an aquarium in the mall called Siam Paragon (http://www.siamparagon.co.th/v3/index2.html/. I was impressed with their exhibits. It was a very good aquarium and very comparable to an aquarium here in the US. There were shark feeding show, glass bottom boats, etc. You could also pay $14 to have fish eat dead skin from your feet! Pretty cool ha? I dipped my finger in the water and it felt really funny. Mirin was really excited to see that many fish. She ran around said fish fish. She was kind of scared of the big ones though.




2 comments:

Susan said...

very cool place!

Anonymous said...

next time we should find a new place for mirin to vist...there is a buffalo village and a big dragon at suphanburi...555 interesting?