Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Blooming heart's auction party
My girlfriends gathered and created a group called "Blooming Heart". Their mission was to go to school in rural area in Thailand and share what they have to the kids. Last year they raised over $3000 among friends, families, and people they know. I appointed myself to be the director of US operation to raise money from people I know here. Their plan was to visit 3 schools each year. So while we were in Thailand, we had a Christmas party / Blooming heart auction at my friend's house Nan. The stuffs that we auctioned were handmade from handicap kids. We raised some money among us to start the fund for this year. Mirin was there too. My friends really enjoyed her. They alternated to play with her so that I could relax and chat. It was such a good night full of laugh and fun. I was so proud of them. When Mirin got a little older, I planned to have her participate in these type of activities and for her to meet and see some of those unfortunate kids in Thailand so that she would really appreciate what she had. If anybody here would like to donate some money for this year mission, please contact me (darinm@nc.rr.com). I would transfer money at no charge to the Blooming heart account. Please visit their blog (sorry mainly in Thai) at http://bloomingheart2008.blogspot.com/.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment