Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


We all went to Fayetteville for Thanksgiving lunch at Yaya Diane and Papa PG's house. There were only a few times a year that Yaya Diane would cook her famous chicken and dumpling. Thanksgiving was one of the few occasions. It was so yummy!! Before we started eating, we were asked to write down 3 things that we were thankful for and then we read them out loud. I didn't know what Michael wrote but one of the girls read his note. In his note, it said I was thankful for ...
1. Darin postponed her trip and she is here with me on Thanksgiving.
2. My job because Darin will lose hers soon.
3. Mirin
I thought it was very sweet of him :)
There were 8 children aging from 7 months to 7 years old. After we all finished eating, Yaya Diane had an activity set up for them "Turkey Candy". It was such a good fun idea. Turkey was made out of Oreo cookie, candy corn, and Reese chocolate. The kids had so much fun doing it. As for me, I was thankful for my good health, great food and good times with friends and family and of course the 4 days weekend.

No comments: