
Mirin was lucky that she never lost any of her hair growing up not even when she was a baby. She was born with a head full of hair. People loved her hair. She always received complements from strangers about how pretty her hair was. I had been thinking about getting her hair cut for quite sometimes. Her hair started to get so long that they were in her face. She sometimes blew on them and laughed. I had been putting her hair up like a pony tail or putting a hair bow on it for quite sometimes now. The hair bow was cute but she didn't let it stay on her hair too long. I was the kind of mom that like something practical and easy. My mom didn't let me have long hair until I was in 6th grade old enough to do my own hair. So I thought it was time for Mirin's first hair cut. Michael was not so sure about the idea but he didn't stop me (he didn't like it when he first saw her but after I showed him the before picture, he then agreed that the new hair looked much better).
Since it was her first hair cut, I would like her to have a good experience. So I took her to "Peekadoo" kids hair salon (http://www.peekado.com/)in Durham. They had a small corner for kids to play while they were waiting. I really liked the seats. They were car, boat and train. They also had small DVD playing cartoon while the kids were getting the hair cut. Mirin sat still and watched her Dora while the lady cut her hair. Before started, the hair dresser and one of the moms at the salon gave Mirin complement about her hair and ask me if I was sure about getting her hair cut. I said yes and I wanted it short. No more hair bow, no more pony tail, no hair in the face, easy to manage, less tangle and the list went on and on. It was pricey for the little head but I decided to pay for her good experience the first time in the hair salon(I didn't think I would pay $20 for her hair cut again!). So after it all set and done, I really liked it.

Now she did remind me of the girl in Annie but with dark hair. An Asian version may be?

4 comments:
I love Mirin's hair. I was like Michael and did not want it cut, but I know she needed it. I sure hope you saved some of her locks.
She is beautiful. Love Ya Ya
Mirin was beautiful in the "before" and the "after," but I have to admit that the "after" is really nice! And you were so wise to make her first experience a happy one. I'm not so sure that $20 is too much to pay for a peaceful, happy haircut! :) Love the kids' salon. What a great concept, and what a terrific mom you are to find it for her!
Jayden loves your short hair Mirin:)))
Even though before the haircut, her hair was not that long at all. She looks so much like Michael on the last picture.
Post a Comment