Sunday, March 1, 2009

TKs Jungle


I hated it when it was cold and rainy especially on weekend. I'd never liked rain anyway. Mirin stayed at home all day Saturday mostly with Michael while I got out had a little time to myself. Then on Sunday, it was still raining and they even called for snow tomorrow! It looked like it didn't rain hard so I decided to take Mirin to TKs Jungle (http://www.tksjungle.com/)in Durham. (It rained harder than I thought and while I was driving, I was thinking to myself why I went out in the rain!! only to answer to myself just because I thought Mirin might enjoy sometimes outside of the house).

We have lived in Durham for over 10 years but we hardly did things in Durham. I found JKs Jungle in Durham magazine. I was glad that we had this kind of place for Mirin to play in Durham. She loved this inflatable place where she could jump, slide, and climb. The fee was $6 for kid which was reasonable (while others places we had been charge $5 and they were a lot smaller). This place was a lot bigger than I thought. There were six different tents for kids to play. She didn't like it at first because of the big dinosaur in one of the tents. She was scared of it. It took her a while to get warm up. I came to realize that she would cry only when she was really hurt. One time, She slided down and hit her head on the inflatable pole. She made noise a little bit and then moved on even though I saw a red mark on her cheek. It was a good exercise for me to climb up and slide down on this big slide probably about 10-15 ft high. Mirin kept wanting more and more. We spent a good 2 hours there. It was fun and we had a great time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't read about Mirin for so long...
But she still cute as before, reall miss her XD

I still remember the day that I played something like this.
It was reall fun!!!
But I'm too old for that now Hahaha


Take care youself naka
P'kae & Mirin

PS. hope you'll visit thailand again

Susan said...

Mirin did so well there!