Saturday, March 14, 2009

Greensboro Children Museum


It was the yucky day on Saturday cold and rainy. Obviously, we could not stay outside so I met up with my girlfriend Aldara and her son Aksel. They lived in Mebane which was half way to Greensboro. So we decided to go to Greensboro Children Museum (http://www.gcmuseum.com)downtown Greensboro. It was bigger and better than I thought. There were so many exhibits like police car, race car, airplane, pizza corner, supermarkets etc. Of course Mirin and Aksel spent most time in the supermarket section busy putting things in the bucket. It had more exhibits than the Marble kids museum in Raleigh and I liked the floor plan here better. We got there a little late and didn't have much time to explore all exhibits. Aldara and I agreed that we would go back so that the kids would have more time to explore. Both Mirin and Aksel had such a great time. On the way back we stopped by at Mimi Cafe in Burlington for dinner. The food was really good and Mirin really liked the bread there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all do the nicest things with Mirin . . . and each helps her grow in understanding of the world around her. Great pre-learing! It will all pay off when she is ready to begin formal education . . . and for the rest of her life in wonderful memories. Hey! And it's fun, too!! ~ Ama