Saturday, September 13, 2008

Durham museum of life and science



This Saturday we took Mirin to Durham museum of life and science(http://www.ncmls.org) for the first time. For the local museum, I'm impressed with the exhibitions. Every second Saturday of the month, there is a special event. The special event this Saturday was "heroes, Villains, and special effects". There were exhibitions about make up for horror movie and other special affects. There were also some Star Wars characters walking around. I was more excited than Mirin when I saw Stormtroopers of course. Besides that there were train ride, bear, in door and outdoor play area for children, butter fly house, and farm animals. We spent good 2.5 hours there and Mirin was worn out. Mirin didn't have a chance to see farm animals or play in the play area yet. Since I paid for a yearly pass, I will definitely take her back.

We took a train ride. Mirin was playing with different kinds of wind chimes.



This donkey was too cute. He really reminded me of the donkey in Shrek. I had to take picture with a zombie.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea... looks like you had a wonderful time. p.s. I love the new look.

Susan said...

what a fun time! we def need to go.

nice pic of the month (Einstein!) :)

Wall Family said...

We went there last year and liked it. Need to go back sometime. Look like Mirin enjoy a lot.