Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sick Days


I was lucky that Mirin was in a good health most times of year. The last time she got sick was last March which was a year ago. I thought she might get away from all the cold and flu this winter. I was wrong. She started to complain about her nose running on Sunday morning and she didn't eat any of her breakfast. Something was wrong. She didn't want to play or do anything but lay down all day Sunday. I measured her temperature and it was very high it had ever been. She had a temperature of 104.5F on Sunday night. We called the nurse line but she told us not to bring her in until it was more than 105F. Her body was very very hot. I stayed with her on Monday. Michael was not feeling too well either. He took a sick day on Tue. I took a day off to care for Mirin for the 2nd day on Tuesday. She still had a fever of 104F on Tuesday night and threw up all her milk. The nurse told us to bring her in if she still had a high fever on Wednesday. I finally went to work today while Michael stayed at home again on day 3 with her. Today she did much better. She didn't seem to have a fever and start to eat a few bites of waffle for breakfast and asked for chicken nuggets for lunch. Did I mention she ate absolutely nothing form Sun until Tue? But fortunately, she kept sipping on her juice all day long. Today, I stopped by a dollar store to buy her a get well balloon on the way back home. She seemed to be a lot better when I got home today. Almost to her silly normal self. She would probably be able to go back to school tomorrow.

No comments: