Saturday, August 15, 2009

Birthday at NC Zoo

We were invited to the birthday party at NC Zoo in Ashboro today. My former coworker Roslyn had a 3rd birthday party for her son Benjamin. I had not seen Roslyn since I quit working for TTI my previous employer. So I thought it was a good opportunity to meet her and her family plus Mirin had never been to the NC zoo before. I also met Tiffany who was also my former coworker and her family.
We started out at Africa seeing giraffes which were Mirin favorite, zebras, and ostriches. Then we walked all the way up the hill just to see only 2 chimpanzees so disappointing (I suggested a good walking shoe if you decided to come to this zoo). We had lunch at the picnic area. Benjamin had his cake and opened presents. Then Mirin wanted to go see "Chang chang" (Elephant in Thai). Michael took her to see Chang Chang. He told me that one of the elephant was pooping and Mirin pointed out and said "chang pooping". After that we went to check out polar bear and sea lion. It was quite hot in the afternoon so we decided to leave around 4pm. There were a lot left to see. Mirin pooped out and fell asleep right after we left the zoo. I was thinking that I might take her back again when it was not so hot to see other exihits. Mirin enjoyed seeing all the animals. I enjoyed seeing my former coworkers Roslyn and Tiffany again. And Michael enjoyed the birthday cake and walked under the shade. Thank you the Carver family for inviting us.

1 comment:

vi said...

You do need good walking shoes and lots of energy to "do" the zoo! It's nice in the early spring or late fall when the days are sunny but not hot! Love the photos - and you!