Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Quite period was over


Finally my quite period was over. This was the longest time that I had ever been apart from Mirin 5 days and 6 nights. She did so well with my aunt and Michael's mom. My aunt told me that she asked for me and Michael once and that was it. At my aunt's house, there was a nice big yard which she let Mirin played in the kiddie pool almost everyday. She loved it. She spent pretty much all morning in there and went out shopping with my aunt in the afternoon. Michael's mom came to get her almost everyday after work so that my aunt could rest a little bit. Both my aunt and Michael's mom built a team to take care Mirin for a week there. They had pretty good system set up. Thank you so much!!
Mirin was so happy to see me. Once I showed up, she didn't have anything to do with my aunt or my uncle. It was all about "my mommy". I guessed she missed me as much as I missed her.
As for me, it was a good break. Someone asked me how I was doing without Mirin. Did I cry? Hummmm..I told her No, I just enjoyed my time off. Well, may be I was not a typical mom, ah?

2 comments:

blooming joy said...

hi mirin's mom... haven't checked mirin blog for awhile. she grow up a lot..miss her funny face with curly hair..it will be great if you guys can come visit pa pa here in Bangkok in Dec na ja..love love jub jub

vi said...

Whatever kind of mom you are - you're wonderful! So glad you had a little rest. Delighted your aunt and Diane worked it out so well. And tickled to death that she did so well away from you.

(And I know you're so happy to have her back home again!)

Love her hair "up!"

Ama