Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cooked out at Aunt Ann's house





Today all of us went to Aunt Ann's house in Raeford. She had a little cook out among family members. This was a good opportunity to try to have Mirin in the water again. Well, she didn't want to be in the water as usual. She only wanted to sit on my lab. Then I gradually let her sit on the first step. She did ok but still didn't want to go down any further. Then I gave her some toys to play, she was a little bit more comfortable and enjoyed a little bit more. After a while, she finally went down one more step. I didn't bring floats but I put a life jacket on her instead. It worked wonderfully. She floated in the water and didn't scare of the water anymore. She even kicked her legs in the water where she could not stand. She did have a lot of fun playing in the pool. I guess my mission is accomplished. Mirin finally loves the water. Let's see if she still likes it next time we go to the pool. Aunt Ann, Can we stop by more before the summer end?

1 comment:

Susan said...

wow Mirin's happy in the water!! congrats... I need to take some lessons.