Saturday, July 21, 2012

Italy: My first trip to Europe

I had been wanting to go to Europe since I was in middle school. My parents could not afford to take me then. After I got married and moved to the US, I probably could afford to go a few years ago. But getting a visa to Europe was so difficult and so much trouble. Since I am now a US passport holder and no need to get visa to Europe, the Europe trip came to my mind again. I asked Michael if he would like to take a trip with me but he had no interest to go. My co-worker Margaret showed an interest and now I had a partner to go to Europe with. We picked our destination and it was Italy!! Italy was so beautiful and full of culture. I loved Rome. One step you walked on the same place where people walked thousand of years ago, then the next step you would be shopping at the most fashionable place of the 21st century. Old blended in with new. The architectures were so impressive. Everything were massive and made you looked so small. I wondered how the buildings were built thousands years ago with no help from new technology. Vatican was magnificent especially the Sistine chapel. I was speechless the first time I saw the corridor leading to the Sistine chapel. All the painting on the ceiling looked like they were 3D and really popped out. I had a chance to see the serveral famous painting by Michelanglo especiallhy the last judgement. Florence was the place to SHOP. I bought a bargain italian leather purse made in Italy for 45 euros. Venice was also special. It was the most famous island among serveral islands in the area. I had a chance to see the famous gondola cruising in the Venice canals. It was the place to shop for the rich lots of brand name designer stores. I could only do window shopping in Venice. Then Pisa tower, I was so impressed with the Pisa leaning tower. I expected the old dirty tower but in fact it was so beautiful and clean. I could even see the pattern in the marble. And it was really really leaning. The whole trip was wonderful. I had chances to go many places, saw many things, learned about new history, and absorbed new cultures. I had a great time. I could call it the trip of a life time! Day 1: Trevi fountain and Piazza Di Spagna
Day 2: Vatican and Sistine Chapel, Saint Petersburg square and Coliseum
Day 3: Orvieto and Siena Medieval towns
Day 4: San Gimignano and wine tasting in Tuscany
Day 5: Florence
Day 6 : Pisa the leaning tower
Day 7: Venice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo jealous. Beautiful.