Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Part time stay at home mom

I am now staying at home with Mirin 4 days a week. She goes to school 3 days a week from 9am-3pm. So this still leaves me sometimes to do job searching activities. I had to admit that I was a little worried about staying at home with her 4 days a week. How was I going to fill her day? I did a lot of searching on line for activities. Actually, the first 4 days with her was not bad at all. The days went by quicker than I thought. We normally go out and do something in the morning. Then we come home for lunch and nap from 1pm - 3pm. She sometimes wants to nap longer than that but I have to wake her up before it gets too late. She then has some snack. I may be do some educational activities (also called play) with her in the afternoon or go to the park or pool. By the time I look at the watch, it's almost 6pm and it's time to cook dinner. Time do go by quicker when you are having fun I guess. I'm not sure about being a full time stay at home mom but for a part time stay a home mom, I think I passed the test!

Pool time


Kid museum. Mirin is showing off her world cup theme art.


Tot time at Durham park and recreational program


Park time

1 comment:

vi said...

I think you are fabulous! When I was home with Warren over the summers, we did something fun each week - or maybe a little more often if you count weekly trips to the library. But he did a lot of playing on his own. That's the thing about only children (remember I am one, too!) - we learn to amuse ourselves pretty quickly. So proud of you doing so much with her, and I love that you're having a good time, too! Way to go, super-mom!