Sunday, December 7, 2008

Early Christmas at grandma's



We normally spent Christmas at Michael's parents in Fayetteville on Christmas eve. But because this year Mirin would spend Christmas in Thailand with my family, the grandma would like to give Mirin early Christmas presents before we left for Thailand. We had a little family get together today at grandma's. My aunt and my uncle also joined. The lunch was good. Grandma cooked her famous chicken and dumpling. We all gathered just to see Mirin opened her presents. She didn't really know what to do at first but after I showed her some moves (opening the presents) she could follow it no problem. She received so many toys and clothes. She enjoyed the baby in stroller the most (She brought the baby to her crib tonight). Aunt Lisa gave her the big dog for her to ride one. She got so scared at him. We had to turn his face the other way so that he didn't face her. Silly girl. I really liked it so I rode on it and surprisingly it could carry my weight. While she was opening presents, I thought to myself that she was such a lucky girl who had so many people who loved her. Michael and I had a big task to keep her feet grounded. Thank you everybody for all the presents.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Looks like a fun day! That Sing with Elmo toy looks nice too. Mirin looked very cute in her little Santa outfit. Nice picture of you, is that a rocking bear/horse? :)