I took Mirin to NC state fair. It was her first time to ride on a bus (from the parking lot to the fair). I thought it was the high light of all things from that trip.

Playing dentist or hairdressor? with Aksel at Kid museum in Greensboro.
Dinosaur and Butterfly

In November, while I was in Thailand, Mirin spent Thanksgiving with aunt Ann and uncle Todd. They went up to the mountain with Todd's brother David, his wife and their 3 girls. They had so much fun. It was Mirin first trip to the mountain.



I went to Thailand to visit my friends and pick up my mom. My mom is now visiting and staying at our house. She can stay up to a year here. Let's see if she would like to stay that long.
With my friends and family.

Took a trip up north with best and close friends.

I joined the "Blooming Heart" group to the rural school in Lum Pang province north of Thailand. The Blooming Heart group is a group of my high school friends who go out and make children in rural area smile and laugh for a day. We played games, sang song, handed out gifts, books, food etc. I could tell from looking at the children faces that they were happy and had a super great time. The message that the group would like to give out was to pay it forward. We all came here to make you happy remember the day and remember to do the same things to your family, friends, teacher, community or even strangers. My friends have been doing this for 4-5 years. They selected 4 schools to visit each year. The group is funded by donations. You can look up their blog here as well.

The whole "Blooming Heart" gang in front of the school sign "Bann Na Tom".
In January, Mirin hosted "Me week" at school. I dressed her up in Thai costume. I went to her class, showed and told short story about Thailand. Mirin was helpping me holding up Thai picture books and showed the class how to greet in Thai. It was the fun event for me. I had a chance to be a teacher for a day!

No comments:
Post a Comment