These were some samples of the activities that we had with her in the past few weekends.
I started taking her to the library on Saturday for 10:30am story time. After story time, they normally did an art project. Mirin learned how to use glue for the first time there. The weekend that we went the story teller was talking about snake. Even though Mirin didn't really sit still and paid attention much but she came home and told Michael that the snake said "hisssss". And I thought she didn't listen??
There was a movie in the park at the park near our house featuring "Robot" starting at 730pm. So we all went there. This was a good test before taking her to the real theater because I didn't know if she could keep her attention through the whole movie. She did well. She watched the whole movie. I could tell that she enjoyed it because she sometimes clapped and laughed.
I took her to the annual Durham art festival downtown where she had her first painting using water color and brush.

We also spent sometimes playing puzzle at the library. Mirin started to like puzzle more these days. Puzzles could keep her occupied for good 20 minutes.

There was a new exhibit "Dinosaurs trail" at the Durham museum of Life and Science. We all went there to check it out. I thought it was a very good exhibit for the local museum. Mirin on the other hand didn't like it much. She was scared of the dinosaurs no matter how hard we tried to explain to her that they were not real. The dinosaurs were close to the life size.

This weekend we got together with Aldara and Aksel. We all went to Greensboro children museum again. We spent about 2 hours there. The weather was so nice that we mainly played outdoor. Mirin loved to play on the bouncing ball which she balanced herself very well on the ball and kept bouncing for a long time. She "thought" she could play hula hoop. Here was the story. I showed her how to play the hula hoop using my hip and she instantly wanted to do it too. Of course after several tries, she still could not do it. So I helped her. Imagine this.. I put the hula hoop over her head and carried it around her hip while she was standing in the middle (none of her body parts touched the hula hoop). I started shaking the hula hoop (again none of her body parts touched the hula hoop). Then she started shaking her hips and singing "shake shake shake shake your bottie" as I kept on shaking the hula hoop. She was pretty much dancing and shaking her hip in the hula hoop. So once we finished, she clapped, raised her arms up and said "I did it". Poor thing she thought that she could play hula hoop with her hip. I wished I recorded that. Too funny.

2 comments:
It's great to see Mirin has growing up naka.
Really miss her!!
I hope you and Mirin will visit us again naka, can't wait > <
We have not been at Life and Science Museum for awhile. Need to go visit there sometime soon.
Post a Comment